Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Straw Bale at SDSU

My alma mater may not have an organic student farm...yet, but I'm thrilled to find out that it is starting research on green building. SDSU will soon have a straw bale house. Progress! The SDSU Collegian reported a couple weeks ago on the construction to be completed this summer. McCrory Gardens will be home to the straw bale building, which will also have a living roof. Read all about it here.

Construction of the building will be the result of an SDSU class this summer. I won't be able to take the class, but I'd love to hear from someone who does. At the very least, I'll snap some photos and post them here later.

Sidenote: Ever the stickler for grammar and spelling, I noticed the glaring word usage error at the beginning of the Collegian article (editions/additions). Journalism students, spelling does matter!

No comments: